Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Head Case...

A bit late on the old posting front today - sorry folks! Today has been one of the worst days so far in my M.E.  "Adventure". 

I started off getting one on my M.E. headeaches yesterday evening. Now, normally, I can just grin (well, grimace) and bear them, but this one, this one, was in a whole other league. Rather than slowly dissipating as is usual, it got worse and worse. In the early hours I was so much in pain I was in tears (no, no, put those violins away, just tellin' it like it is...). Add to that the fact I was burning up one second, and shivering uncontrollably the next, it's fair to say I was in a pretty sorry state.

Oh, and that's before I started being violently, ahem, ill. If you catch my drift...

By that point I'd thoroughly had enough.

After three (possibly more? I lost count...) trips to the bathroom, the bucket under the sink was commandeered and installed by my side of the bed. I simply didn't have the energy to keep to-ing and fro-ing. You've got to laugh really.

Finally, after what felt like hours, I fell into a somewhat fitful slumber.

I awoke today feeling completely wrung out. And still I had the bloody headache. Luckily though it had lessened its grip, but it was still uncomfortable enough to make me wince every time I tried to move my eyes or head. 

Four Ibuprofen, chunky soup and bread (courtesy of one of my lovely friends), and umpteen glasses of water later I feel vaguely human again. I'm still very weak, but at least I'm not walking around like some cross eyed Hunchback anymore. Progress, no?

Anyway, I'm not sure what that little episode was all about. Another of the joy's of M.E? Not that I'd call feeling like you're being bludgeoned around the head particularly joyful.

I'm just glad to be feeling normal again. Relatively speaking, of course.








3 comments:

  1. Told you not to cut your hair ! Keep smiling,keep laughing, I am rooting for you,Kelvin.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! All signs of the headache gone now xx

    ReplyDelete