Friday, 14 December 2012

Product Review: Vaseline Lip Therapy Pink Bubbly

I'd read about Vaseline's newest addition to the Lip Therapy range in a glossy magazine back in the summer. 

Vaseline's Rosy Lips has been one of the staple products in my make-up bag since it was released four years ago (in fact it's probably my Holy Grail lip balm, along with Carmex), so I  was excited to hear about this newest variant based on my favourite alcoholic tipple: Champagne.


So, whilst shopping online for a friend's birthday present in September, it somehow found its way into my basket.

Ooops.

Well, every girl needs to treat herself now and again don't they?



I purchased it from Selfridges.com (initially this was the only retailer stocking it) but it's now available in Boots and Superdrug too. 

At £3.49 it's more expensive than the usual tins of Lip Therapy. But, with added Champagne Grape Extract, we'll let them off just this once and with the festive party season well and truly upon us, a little bit of decadence doesn't hurt.

The balm itself is a very pale pink colour (unlike Rosy Lips, which is more coral hued) and it smells exactly like pink lemonade. Not quite champagne then, but its still a very pleasing and delicate smell. If you like pink lemonade, natch.

It might be my imagination, but Pink Bubbly feels richer than the other variants and is ultra smooth on application. 

The colour on my lips is very pretty, it gives an entirely natural sheen with the merest hint of shimmer. Perfect for a laid back daytime look or to give a little twist to an evening lip.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely! It'd make the perfect little stocking filler, although you'll have to be quick as it's Limited Edition.

Vaseline Lip Therapy Pink Bubbly - 20g - £3.49 - Selfridges.










No comments:

Post a Comment