Thursday, 13 December 2012

Symptom Checker...

As I'm sat here with a throat feeling like I've swallowed a crushed glass smoothie, I thought I'd write a quick little update on my M.E. symptoms. I thought it might be of interest to some and serve as a way of charting my progress. Or, um, lack thereof.

Although, as you know, I've been out and about a couple of times in the past week, which is good, what's not so great is the fact that I'm experiencing the following. Some of these I've had from the start. Some are brand spanking new (I've highlighted these in pink):


  • Fatigue.
  • Sore throat and enlarged and painful gland under my jaw on the left hand side (although this may be linked with my Wisdom Tooth?).
  • Headaches.
  • Shakes.
  • Sinus pain and general maxillofacial pain.
  • Dizziness.
  • Vertigo/Boatiness (this had subsided for a couple of weeks, but has returned quite viciously).
  • Aching joints (not getting this quite as much, but still the odd flare up, usually at night time).
  • Aching muscles (still getting this regularly unfortunately. My shoulder blades, neck and arms seem to experience it the worst).
  • Insomnia (this was awful last week, I just could not get to sleep before 3am).
  • Excessive sleeping (even if I do manage to drop off I still can't seem to surface before 1-2pm).
  • Nerve pain (still experiencing this, I thought it might disappear but it hasn't).
  • A tingling/crawling sensation on my skin (ditto).
  • Itching (and ditto again).
  • Nausea after eating anything.
  • Brain fog. (yup, still foggy).
  • General feeling of being unwell.
  • Sensitivity to certain foods (can't eat certain forms of potato without getting stomach cramps: mashed and roasted are the worst culprits).
  • Gastro-Intestinal problems.
  • Reduction of appetite (my appetite totally disappeared last week and hasn't quite recovered, and feeling sick after eating isn't really much of an incentive to eat).
  • Hair loss (I didn't think that this was related to the M.E at first, but after looking it up and asking on Twitter, it seems it is. I go through stages of malting quite a lot every so often, but nothing like this).
  • Little or no energy (no real improvement here, if I do have the energy to do something, I usually have a window of an hour before I start to flag).


Although I am perky and chatty in myself, I don't appear to have made any progress whatsoever since writing my original list on the 23rd of November. I thought I might have have seen some improvement, however slight. Why I thought that I have no idea; this illness runs to its own schedule and clearly it's not going to treat me with any special dispensation.


If you have M.E, how are you getting on? Have you seen any improvement or does your condition remain stable? 

I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment