Friday, 22 February 2013

Beauty Product Review: Bio Oil

I've had a bottle of Bio Oil lying around for the past three years. It was one of those impulsive, 'the-world-and-their-dog-has-one-so-I-need-one-too' buys. Clearly I didn't need one that much as I actually only tried it out once before stuffing it into a cupboard and forgetting all about it.

Until now.



Over the past few weeks my skin had felt really dry and I noticed I was getting pronounced dehydration lines. Which, given the amount of water I down in a day, was intensely frustrating. On a whim, and learning that, as well as its stretch-mark slaying prowess, Bio Oil was also lauded for its hydrating and skin-tone even-ing properties, I dug it out and layered it on- after cleansing- before I went to bed one evening.

I was a little dubious at first as to how effective it would be. I'd ventured into using oil as a moisturiser before, with olive oil. Yes, olive oil. What a misguided adventure that was. My face looked, well, exactly like I'd rubbed a copious amount of oil onto it. My skin didn't so much glow as shine with grease. Lovely. Oh and don't get me started on the smell. 

So yes, as I say, I was a little on the sceptical side...

But I needn't have been, for the next day I woke up with strokeably (no, I know that's not an actual word) soft skin. The dehydration lines? Vanished. The dryness and tightness had gone too. Best of all, there was no greasy residue.

All Bio Oil's wonderfully soothing ingredients (Calendula, Chamomile, Lavender, and Rosemary oils; Vitamins A and E) had obviously worked their magic.

This is now firmly part of my evening skin care regime. Using it before bedtime means it has all night to sink in and do it's thing.

If you've got a bottle loitering in the back of the bathroom cabinet, give it a go!


Bio Oil - £8.99- 60ml.












3 comments:

  1. Very Nice Post! Have a Good News Today for all! HotStoneCommunications.Com offers Beauty PR Services at Reasonable Price.You can contact with them to know the Prices.I hope they can give you better serve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bio Oil for Stretch Marks states that it will reduce the presence of said marks thanks to its all-natural ingredient stack. The ingredients are a mix of vitamins and plant oils which moisturize the skin and allow the marks to fade.

    Many will be thrilled that a completely all-natural product has arrived, but there will be concerns whether or not the oil will actually work.

    defenitive beststretchmarkcream.co

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Luckily my fiance's just treated me to a bottle as I want to apply to my face morning and night. It's been a long time since I've used this but it was for my body before. I'm hoping it will work miracles too as had deyhdration lines since my early 20s which have only ever disappeared with expensive Decleor neroli oil.

    Cross my fingers! Do you still use this?

    Thanks
    Vikkie

    ReplyDelete